Rejoice! Android users who install the latest Sky+ app can now get access to the extra features iOS users have been enjoying for some time – like using the phone as a remote control and managing the planner without interrupting viewing.
- TV GUIDE – Full seven day listings for all your Sky TV channels.
- REMOTE RECORD – Set your Sky+ box to record your favourite TV programmes on the move.
- SERIES LINK –Record an entire TV series with a touch of button and don’t miss an episode again (you’ll need a Sky+HD box).
- SEARCH – Easily find the show or movies you’re looking for.
- HIGHLIGHTS – Our pick of the very best TV programmes available this week.
- OTHER AIRINGS – Quickly see when else a show is airing to help you avoid any clashes.
- RECOMMENDATIONS – View programmes you may also like.
- FAVOURITES – Create your own TV Guide, by saving your favourite channels.
Plus, when you are on the same network as your connected Sky+ HD box;
- REMOTE CONTROL – Swipe to rewind, & fast forward, tap to pause / play what you’re watching on your TV. Swipe up or down to change channels, or if you know the channel number just type it in.
- PLANNER MANAGEMENT – See and manage all your recordings in your Planner, view them by genre, add a series link or delete a programme you no longer want all without interrupting viewing on the TV. Once you’ve found a show you want, just press Watch and it will start playing on your TV.
To be able to access and control your Sky+ HD box(es) from the app, you’ll need each box to be connected to a network and for your app to be connected to the same network. When away from your network, you’ll still be able to use the remote record feature to schedule new recordings to the planner.
Get the app: Google Play